Sunday, April 18, 2021

Safar



For the last few years, I was traveling a lot and by all means of available transport. Many times it is challenging but that is what I can do the best. A 500km distance marathon is now part of my life.

This time when I started my journey from Lucknow to Allahabad as usual. I thought that I had experienced almost every possible bad circumstances but what "the hell situation" was waiting. 

While catching up the bus at 1 pm and moving merely 20 km from Lucknow the conductor union called for a strike and they were refunding the ticketing amount to all the boarded passengers. The bus was back in Alambagh bus station after a while around 3 PM, I started to move towards the railway station and was amazed to see even sleeper compartments were house packed like the local one, couldn't even think to travel in such hell situation and again returned to Alambagh bus station, waiting and waiting and waiting to call off the union strike but nothing was happening just a few slogans were enchanted in the air against their MD meanwhile I meet with a stranger from Indian navy and had a conversation about a couple of hours. It was almost 6 PM now and I was nowhere to land. soon around 7 the strike was off but the house pack busses irregular parking made us leave at 8:45 pm and I finally landed at 3 am in Allahabad.

Rework of Safar Published in 2014

No comments:

Post a Comment